Black Lives Matter
Signs of Support Fundraiser
BLACK LIVES MATTER SIGNS OF SUPPORT FUNDRAISER
Buy your sign now and we'll deliver it to your Plaza Midwood yard in 3-4 days.
Please click Buy Now to get your sign and Donate Now to donate to our fundraiser. Thanks!
Displaying your yard sign will show your support and all proceeds will help disadvantaged Eastway students get to college. If you'd like to do more, please consider:
- RECOGNIZING systemic racism is a problem that permeates our criminal justice, employment, housing,
health care, politics and education systems, DENOUNCING it and COMMITTING to being part of the solution.
- PUSHING for diversity in your workplace and schools.
- READING some of these great book recommendations by neighbor Justin Perry: White fragility, The New Jim Crow, Sorting Out a New South City, Color and Character, Raising White Kids in an Unjust World and How to Be an Anti-Racist.
- WATCHING Ava DuVernay’s documentary “13th," George Tillman Jr.’s “The Hate U Give," Barry Jenkins' "If Beale Street Could Talk," and "Moonlight" and Denzel Washington's "Fences."
- VOTING in every election! Each and every local official matters. Register to vote or help others register at vote.org. Find out who's running (a great tool is ballotready.org) and research their views on racial justice.
- FILLING out your 2020 Census at my2020census.gov. It only takes a few minutes and your response helps to direct billions of dollars in federal funds to local communities for schools, roads and other public services. Results from the 2020 Census will be used to determine the number of seats each state has in Congress and your political representation at all levels of government.
- SUPPORTING black-owned businesses. Visit www.charlotteobserver.
com/charlottefive/c5-around- town/c5-development/ article240201447.html, blackow nedclt.com or buyblackclt.com for listings.
- CONTACTING your elected officials and tell them how Charlotte can do better.
- PARTICIPATING in Midwood Gives Back. Look for details in PMNA's August eNewsletter.