Details for 2017 are coming soon…. go ahead and mark your calendars for May 5 & 6th!!!
Click to Expand the volunteer section.
Click to Expand the presales selection.
*** Home Tour Online Ticket Sales will end by 8am on Friday, May 6th. After that time, you can purchase your tickets for the day-of price from the Ticket Table at The Vine Church (2101 Belvedere Ave) during event hours. ***
Spring 2016 is finally here! What better reason to get out and enjoy the warm Carolina spring, right? Midwood Maynia is Plaza Midwood’s official event to welcome warmer weather, the blossoms of spring and the beginning of the outdoor festival season. Who wouldn’t want to celebrate all that with music, food, beer, a parade and a tour of some of Midwood’s wonderful homes?
Please join friends, family, neighbors, artisans and many of our local businesses in beautiful Midwood Park for the annual Midwood Maynia festival. Always held on the first full weekend in May, this year’s main festivities will take place on Saturday, May 7 with our much celebrated candlelight Home Tour kicking-off the event on the evening of Friday, May 6.
Midwood Maynia 2016 Schedule of Events:
CANDLELIGHT TOUR – FRIDAY, MAY 6
• On Friday May 6 we continue the tradition of the Candlelight Home and Garden Tour from 6 – 8 pm. Home Tour tickets are $15 in advance and $20 the day of. You can purchase advance tickets online (see above) or they will also be available at these local business starting on April 30th – Common Market, Central Coffee, and Slate Interiors.
For day-of purchases, tickets may be purchased in front of The Vine Church from 5:30 – 7:30 pm on Friday May 6 and from 10am to 3pm on Saturday, May 7.
To get a FREE ticket, please sign up for a home tour volunteer slot! (see above).
MAYNIA DAY EVENTS – SATURDAY, MAY 7
• Runners take your marks…the annual Midwood Miles 5K road race begins at 8:30 am in Midwood Park. Advance registration forms are available in the Spirit. Race-day registration and race packet pick-up starts at 7:30 am in the park. Click here for online registration.
The Children’s Fun Run (children 12 and under) meets at the Finish Line in Midwood Park after the 5k at approximately 9:15 am.
Midwood Miles 5K Entry Fees: $15 postmarked by April 23; $20 Day of Race.
Prizes are awarded to Top Male and Female and in several age categories.
Baby Jogger Award to the top finisher running with a baby jogger.
Midwood Miles Race Director: Chris Folk, 704.634.9081.
• We love our pets in PM. At 10 am, join neighbors for everyone’s favorite event, the Midwood Maynia Pet Parade. All canines, felines and other pets – and their humans – are eligible participants. Parade participants should gather outside The Vine Church (in the front of the sanctuary) at 9:30 am. After a Blessing of the Pets, pets & their humans will be led through the streets of Midwood.
This is a don’t-miss event full of great photo opportunities. If you don’t participate but are on the route you can still take part by providing water bowls, treats and cheers of encouragement. There is no registration fee for the Pet Parade. The parade route is also featured in this issue of The Spirit.
Pet Parade Coordinator: Alison Rogers, 917.589.7891
• The always-anticipated Home and Garden Tour takes place from 10 am – 4 pm. You’ll enjoy seeing inside some of the neighborhood’s most impressive homes and gardens for tips, tricks and decorating ideas for you home.
Home and Garden Tour tickets will be sold during the event for $20 in front of The Vine Church on Belvedere Ave. Advance tickets can be purchased online (at top of this page) and will be available starting April 30th for $15 at the following local businesses – Common Market, Central Coffee, and Slate Interiors. To get a FREE ticket, please sign up for a home tour volunteer slot! (at top of this page).
Home and Garden Tour Director: Kate Terrigno 631.903.3021
• If you’re a kid or a kid at heart, head back over to Midwood Park for Kidswood, a celebration with activities for our youngest residents from 11am – 2pm. Our local organizations will present a variety of kid-oriented fun. Activities may include fun projects such as sand art, painting, bird house construction, dancing and bubbles galore! In between art projects, the little ones can blow off some steam in the much-loved Bounce House. See you at Kidswood!
Kidswood Director: Jordan Sykes 704.280.9457
• Fun in the Park: From noon until 7 pm, join all the other Mayniacs in Midwood Park for food, cold beverages, and a variety of activities including great live local music, friends, family, and of course – sun, lots of sun! Remember, please drink responsibly. (But then, you can always walk home after all.)
Midwood Maynia Music Lineup
12:30 – 1:30 Sophie Teague – the little girl that surprised everyone years ago with an impromptu performance of an Adele hit has really matured and grown as an artist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScxZ5IKl_cQ
2:00 – 3:00 Chris Holder – With simply his vocals and guitar, Chris’s diverse sets are filled with a perfect blend of classic hits and today’s music. http://www.chrisholdermusic.com/#!/videos/61596
3:30 – 4:30 Ancient Cities – Formed in North Carolina by creative songster, DJ, and former actor Stephen Warwick, Ancient Cities melds well-crafted lyrics with synth-laden psychedelia, and cinematic moodiness. http://www.ancientcitiesband.com/#!music/cff9
5:00 – 6:00 Funk Rush – an intense mix of old school funk, rock and jazz. http://www.funkrush.net
Maynia Music Chair: Garrett of Midwood (Ladue): 704.333.6807.
Vendors in the Park:
Enjoy learning about community initiatives, buy art from neighborhood artists and look for other fun stuff in the Park during Maynia.
Midwood Maynia 2016 T-Shirts: Look for t-shirts featuring the Midwood Maynia 2016 logo. Limited quantities will be available in the park for $20 each.
As always, the Maynia Committee has outdone themselves to schedule so much to see and do, you can’t miss having fun. Plan to spend the day running, parading, touring, and then partying in the park with your friends and neighbors. It’s the very best way welcome spring in Plaza Midwood.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! We can really use your help as a volunteer for Maynia. Please keep your eye on our website for more information on how to sign up as a volunteer. We need helpers for the homes on the tour, for the membership table at the park, for Kidswood, and other areas as well. It’s great fun, and all volunteers receive a free 2016 Midwood Maynia T-shirt!