This event coming up, look at our Events Calendar to find it and other upcoming events in our neighborhood.
Please mark your calendars for Saturday, September 24th, 2016 to join your neighbors for a morning of volunteer activity!
Plaza Midwood is embracing our community this year by supporting neighbors in need during this year’s Midwood Gives Back.
Neighbors who need our support – We will once again be sending out teams of volunteers to help homebound and elderly neighbors to assist in cleaning up their yards and helping with outside repair work. If you know of some friends in need please contact us. We will meet in Midwood Park at 8:00am, break into groups, and finish up around 12:00pm.
Can’t make it that day?! WAIT you can still help out!
A Bag at your doorstep?
For those of us who do not have the time that weekend to participate in the yard cleanups, we will be collecting donations for three nonprofit organizations doing good work in the Charlotte community. Approximately two weeks before Midwood Gives Back, you will find a paper bag on your doorstep where you can leave donations for the following organizations:
What to put in that bag!
1. Second Harvest Food Bank – Canned goods and non-perishable food items.
2. Shamrock Elementary School – School supplies.
3. Project HALO, a non-profit, NO-KILL animal rescue and sanctuary based in Charlotte, NC www.projecthalo.net – Pet food and or supplies.
On the day of Midwood Gives Back, simply leave your bag of items on your front porch or stoop, and a group of volunteers will come by to collect your items. If you forget to put your items out that day, contact us and we will come to collect them.
How you can help right now:
1. Sign up to volunteer with yard work from 8am-12pm. Email Todd Jones at email@example.com or Phillip Gussman at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Know someone who needs help? Email Todd Jones at email@example.com or Phillip Gussman at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Don’t forget, if you are unable to volunteer the day of September 24th, we will be leaving a bag for donation items on your doorstep. Leave items out on the day of the event (Visible from the Street), and we will come by to collect them.