Plaza Midwood Neighborhood Association volunteers participate in several year round activities and annual events. If you are interested in helping out, contact the board or check the appropriate box when you fill out your membership form.
- Community Garden – Located in the heart of Midwood Park, the garden is a great way for neighbors to socialize while exercising their green thumbs.
- Neighborhood Watch – Interested in preventing crime? PMNA members work closely with Charlotte law enforcement to keep Plaza Midwood a safe place to live.
- Social Events (Midwood Maynia & Home Tour, Winter Fling, and the Fall Crawl) – Whether it is Midwood Maynia in the spring or Winter Fling in the winter, Plaza Midwood neighbors never miss a chance to celebrate and socialize with bands, food, fun, silent auctions and more!
- Yard of the Month – Take a stroll in the ‘hood and check out the current month’s winner or nominate a neighbor who does an outstanding job in their yard.
- Tree Banding – PMNA has played a central role in helping to protect our wonderful old oaks from the onslaught of destructive cankerworms.
- Midwood Gives Back – A day to give back to the surrounding community, to allow others to feel the passion and energy that makes Plaza Midwood such a great place to live.
- Stroll & Roll – Learn about this initiative to improve Plaza Midwood’s two busiest streets with the goal of making them safer and more welcoming for pedestrians and cyclists!
- Midwood Clean-Up — New event for 2018. We’ll be hosting a community-wise yard sale and having a community clean-up, with opportunities to recycle your electronics, old paint cans and other hazardous materials, along with shredding documents.
- Adopt-A-Street — We meet quarterly to clean up The Plaza, from Independence to Parkwood. Coffee & treats always available for volunteers.
- Movie Nights in Midwood Park — We’ll show some of your favorite classic films on the big screen and under the stars throughout the summer and into the fall. This event is completely free for everyone.